DUBAI: A new video has surfaced which shows nearly a dozen passengers trying to restrain a drunk passenger onboard a British Airways flight.
According to The Sun newspaper, the drunk passenger was very aggressive when passengers and the crew tried to restrain him during London-Bangkok flight.
Shot with a smartphone, the video shows eight men and two men struggling to control the man while cabin crew fetches handcuffs and body-straps to tighten him with the seat.
They finally managed to subdue him in his seat during the two-hour journey.
Social media users condemn the handling of the passengers. Below some of the comments posted on YouTube.
- Example of British racism imho.: Aaron Lowe1
- It’s all about demonizing the Russians, exploit every opportunity That arises.: FromHere2Eternity1
- 10 people to hold one Russian lol what’s that say? hi my Russian family☺: Judi Cecchetelli47
- And I agree that it is also anti-Russian propaganda. Whether the ratface works directly for the “system” or is an independent doesn’t matter: Rita B57
- The lawyers for the Russian are going to have a field day suing all the people that assaulted their client, including pushing his head around violently and strongly obstructing his airway in a manner that could have easily killed him.: Aaron Lowe56